Chamber of Indian Micro Small & Medium Enterprises (CIMSME) has been the strong voice of MSME sector, assisting them to move to the next level and spearheading their issues and concerns with the authorities. Nevertheless despite covering substantial areas, challenges still hound them.
The commendable work of the Commercial Banks in supporting and rejuvenating the MSME sector is a well-known story. Such good work must be showcased to motivate others to follow suit and enhance performance of MSME sector.
This is where the inspiration came from to institute MSME Banking Excellence Awards by CIMSME in 2013. The first awards were organized in January, 2014 with overwhelming response. Continuing with our Journey CIMSME is now organizing the 2021 Edition of these Awards.
Indian Banking Sector has virtually changed the landscape in the last few decades with its extensive expansion and making available financial assistance to millions of people. The Banks have as a show of their increased responsibility extended assistance to the MSME sector. Banks continued concern to reach out for meeting credit needs of the disadvantaged, socially neglected, women population, small and micro business entities and the agriculture sector all forming an integral sector of the Micro and Small enterprise.
Banks and the Bankers have played a very important role in fighting with the Covid-19 pandemic. The Atmanirbhar Bharat package and all the schemes were / are implemented through the banking sector. The bankers stood like the front line warrior in maintaining the economic stability in the country.
The Banks have proved as a major catalyst for economic empowerment. The Banks’ full commitment to expand the reach to this sector for effective delivery of social subsidies, garner small savings, provide financial products by harnessing technology and create an environment of equity and empowerment, is widely known.
Despite the following challenges, Banks contribution to MSME Sector and Government enabling environment continue to be appreciative:
- Inability to access adequate and timely credit from Institutions.
- High cost of credit;
- Collateral requirements-still insisted;
- Access to equity capital- still a dream
- Delayed payment from the Large Corporates
- NPA Management and Rehabilitation of sick enterprises- still an area of concern;
- Women entrepreneurship, credit to minorities etc- liberal & effective approach needed
- Adverse tax treatment and non-level playing field in marketing, sourcing and international trade.
Against this backdrop, a format has been devised to appraise and evaluate the performance of Banks on specified parameters as devised by RBI in the MSME sector. Such information available in the public domain will be the basis for the Expert Jury to assess and pronounce their judgment.
The evaluation of the performance of the banks for the MSME sector will be based on the following Key parameters as per the audited Financial Results as on 31.03.2021:
- Overall Bank Performance
- Infrastructure available with the Bank
- Priority Sector Lending
- Performance in MSME segment-Growth, targets, quality, innovation, green banking, Technology use to improve reach, service quality, penetration and reporting systems
- Financial Inclusion
- Agriculture Lending
- Special Awards for Promoting Social Skills
- CSR Activity for Social Up-liftment
- Skill Building Initiatives including training, creating financial literacy and promoting awareness
- Technology intervention
- Support to MSMEs during Covid time.
Following parameters will be key considerations:-
- Best MSME Bank
- Eco- Technology Savoy Bank
- Financially Inclusive Bank
- CSR & Business Responsibility
- Best Branding
- Best Bank for Promoting Social Schemes
- Best Bank for implementing Covid schemes
- Jury Award for new Initiatives
Methodology of the Evaluation process:
Following steps to be followed for evaluation process:
- Questionnaire/ Entries scrutiny by an independent Agency with understanding and experience of evaluating MSME Banking parameters and Financial Statements of Banks.
- On the basis of evaluation, short listing of banks.
- Discussions with the MSME Banking Head etc. Top Management, HR/CSR Head, if required for any clarification
- Reporting of the shortlisted institutions with full details/ as per marks and evaluation to the Jury
- Jury discussion on short listed companies in presence of Evaluating Partner. In case of further clarification/ information sought by Jury, be submitted
- Final Jury meeting to decide awards
Hon’ble Justice (Retired) Sh Deepak Verma
- Sh S S Kohli, Ex Chairman & Managing Director Punjab National Bank, India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited and Punjab & Sind Bank
- Sh M Narendra, Ex Chairman & Managing Director, Indian Overseas Bank
- Prof R K Dubey, Ex Chairman & Managing Director, Canara Bank
- Sh N K Maini, Ex Dy Managing Director, SIDBI
- Sh S Chandrashekhran, Ex Executive Director, UCO Bank
- Sh Rajen Kumar, SME World
- Sh Mukesh Mohan Gupta, President, Chamber of Indian Micro Small and Medium Enterprises
Conference Cum Awards Ceremony:
This will be followed by a Gala Event on MSME Cum Award Ceremony- the dates will be announced at an appropriate time.
Submission of Nominations:
- The Nominations can be filled out on the soft copy of the form and send it to [email protected] Answers should be legible and attachments clearly indicated
- The printed forms in hard copy should be sent to CIMSME along with all additional required documents. The entire set of information may also be submitted on a CD/mail.
Duly filled in applications/Questionnaires along with the applicable processing charges may be submitted to the following address latest by 15.09.2021
Contact Details of the Nodal Officer for the MSME Excellence Awards:
+91 9582864488, 9999689197
+91 11 23722345-48
+91 11 23722349
1106, New Delhi House, Barakhamba Road,Connaught Place, New Delhi- 110001
The Concept Note of the event is available at CLICK HERE
To Download Application Cum Nomination Form for Public Sector Banks / Private Sector Banks / Regional Rural Banks / Co-operative Banks Please CLICK HERE
To Download Application Cum Nomination Form for NBFCs/ MFIs Please CLICK HERE
Some Photographs of gala events of Banking Excellence Awards organised by Chamber of Indian Micro Small Enterprises can be viewed at CLICK HERE